We all like to think of the workplace as a safe and healthy place to be. However, bullying can be a major concern for some workplaces. Bullying is defined as a repeated, persistent and continuous behaviour, as opposed to a single negative act. It is usually seen as acts or verbal comments that could mentally hurt or isolate a person. In this e-course, you will learn to understand the effects of bullying and to recognize the signs, and why they happen. The e-course also discusses the roles of employers, managers, supervisors, and employees in recognizing and preventing bullying. Tools to assist the victim, co-workers, supervisors, and employers to recognize, assess and control bullying are discussed. This online Bullying in the Workplace training course is co-produced with the Public Services Health & Safety Association (PSHSA) and is based on information found in PSHSA's 'Bullying in the Workplace: A Handbook for the Workplace'.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Bullying in the Workplace training course, the user will learn:
- Understand the effects of bullying in the workplace, on the organization, and on its workers
- Recognize the signs of bullying and why it happens
- Identify the roles of the employers, managers, supervisors, and employees in recognizing and preventing bullying
- Use tools to assist the victim, co-workers, supervisors, and the employer to recognize, assess and control bullying in the workplace
This online Preventing Bullying in the Workplace course is made up of the following sections:
- Defining bullying
- Effects of bullying
- Preventing bullying
- Recognizing and removing the risks
- Specific control strategies
- Putting the knowledge to work
This online Bullying in the Workplace training course was designed for health and safety committee members, managers, supervisors, and workers.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.