This Communicating Reactively online training course discusses techniques to use when communicating with someone who questions what you are saying, or doubts that the information you are providing is correct. Our instinctive reaction is to become defensive in this type of situation—preventing any hope of a positive outcome. This course explains why people question or doubt. In this course, you will learn to use non-confrontational methods to clarify information and how to participate in constructive, positive communication.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Communicating Reactively course, the user will learn to:
- Identify communication characteristics.
- Prevent misunderstandings if someone is confused.
- Rephrase questions and doubts to ensure understanding.
- Respond appropriately when questioned or doubted.
- Minimize conflict when you are faced with a true disagreement.
- Probe for more information in a non-confrontational way.
This online Communicating Reactively course is made up of the following sections:
- Reservation / Doubt Model
- Question / Confusion / Conflict Model
- Rephrase / Review Model
- Answer / Clarify
- Query Model
- Practical Illustration
This Communicating Reactively online training course was designed for employees, employers, and business communicators.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.