A confined space program helps ensure that all work is done safely according to company policies and legal requirements. This Confined Space Management online training course helps managers and supervisors to develop an effective confined space program, including permits and procedures for identification and assessment of spaces, control of hazards, safe entry, emergency planning and training. The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Confined Space Management course, the user will learn to:
- Understand your roles and responsibilities regarding confined spaces;
- Appreciate the seriousness of confined space hazards and the importance of confined space controls;
- Appreciate the lack of predictability of confined space hazards and the importance of appropriate emergency response;
- Identify the essential components of a confined space program and be able to develop and manage a program specific to your workplace;
- Identify specific training needs for supervisors, workers and emergency response team members, including contractors;
- Recognize the need for any specific entry and work procedures;
- Plan for confined space emergencies at your workplace;
- Keep appropriate records.
This online Confined Space Management course is made up of the following sections:
- Responsibilities for Confined Space Safety
- Compliance Issues
- Elements of a Confined Space Program
- Emergency Response Planning
- Record keeping
This Confined Space Management online training course was designed for managers, supervisors, or those who control access to confined spaces and/or direct workers/contractors to enter and work in confined spaces.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.