In today's world, credit and debit card use is almost universal, and card-based transactions are fast becoming consumers’ preferred payment methods. According to a Federal Reserve study, there were 21.7 billion credit card transactions in the United States in 2006. That's about 70 credit card transactions per year for every single person in the United States. Furthermore, debit cards have all but replaced checks and have greatly reduced the number of cash transactions.
In this Credit Cards and Debit Cards online training course, we discuss credit cards and debit cards and look at relevant rules and regulations in the United States.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Credit Cards and Debit Cards course, the user will learn:
- Ensure all credit card application and solicitation policies and procedures at your bank are in compliance with the necessary regulations
- Understand the rules your bank must follow regarding issuance and re-issuance of credit and debit cards
- Understand the regulations regarding interest rates, fees, and charges
- Implement compliant billing error resolution policies
This online Credit Cards and Debit Cards course is made up of the following sections:
- Credit Card Applications, Solicitations, and Disclosures
- Reissuance of Cards and the Red Flags Rules
- Interest Rates, Fees, and Charges
- Billing Error Resolutions
- Credit Limits
- Issuance of Debit Cards
- Change in Terms and Error Resolution
- Debit Cards and Overdrafts
- Prepaid Debit Cards
This Credit Cards and Debit Cards online training course was designed for bank employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.