In the United States, the primary functions of the banking industry are accepting deposits and extending credit. These two principles form the foundation of the American banking system. Accepting deposits is primarily the responsibility of a bank's tellers. Tellers are the people who, on a daily basis, process customers' money into checking, savings, and other types of accounts.
Processing deposits is one of the most important aspects of a teller’s job. In this Deposits 101 online training course, we provide an overview of deposits and discuss accurately and securely processing them.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Deposits 101 course, the user will learn to:
- Discuss the common types of deposit account.
- Identify the common components of a deposit slip.
- Ensure the deposit slips you process are filled out correctly.
- Discuss the different types of deposits customers may want to make.
- Discuss the concept of debits and credits.
This online Deposits 101 course is made up of the following sections:
- Deposit Accounts
- Checking Accounts
- Savings Accounts
- Money Market Accounts
- Time Deposit Accounts
- Deposit Slips
- Filling out deposit slips
- Deposit slip security
- Other deposit slips
- Types of Deposit
- Simple deposits
- Exact amount deposits
- Change back deposits
- Split, or cash back, transactions
This Deposits 101online training course was designed for bank employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.