Domestic violence is workplace violence as soon as it occurs in the workplace and can threaten the safety of not only the employee victim, but also his or her co-workers, supervisors, or other people in the workplace. Its effects can range from mild to serious and can be felt by all employees.In this Domestic Violence in the Workplace online training course, you will learn about the effects of domestic violence in the workplace, and how to recognize signs and symptoms. This course will also discuss the roles of the employer, supervisor/manager, health and safety committee/representative, and employee in supporting victims.
This course is developed in cooperation with the Public Services Health and Safety Association.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Domestic Violence in the Workplace course, the user will learn to:
- Understand the effects of domestic violence in the workplace, on the organization and on its workers
- Recognize the signs of and symptoms of domestic violence
- Identify the roles of the employer, supervisors and employees in supporting victims, and preventing related workplace violence
- Use the practical suggestions to include domestic violence in your workplace's violence prevention program.
This online Domestic Violence in the Workplace course is made up of the following sections:
- Defining domestic violence
- Including domestic violence as part of a violence prevention program
- Taking action
- Elements of a workplace domestic violence education program
This Domestic Violence in the Workplace online training course was designed for employers, employees, managers, and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.