This Employment Standards online training course will discuss what you should be aware of and where to find the laws and regulations that apply to your hiring and employment practices. If you own a business in Canada and you have employees, you need to know and comply with all of the applicable employment standards.
Depending on the nature of your business and where you are located, you have to consider:
- Conditions of employment (pay, hours of work, etc.).
- Workplace health and safety.
- Human rights legislation (hiring, pay equity, pay equality).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Employment Standards course, the user will learn to:
- List the standards with which federally regulated employers must comply.
- Recall what the provincial and territorial labour standards cover.
- Locate the federal, provincial, or territorial legislation that applies to your hiring and employment practices.
- Discuss the three areas in which employers must be compliant.
This online Employment Standards course is made up of the following sections:
- Federal, Provincial and Territorial Labour Standards
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Human Rights in the Workplace
This Employment Standards online training course was designed for employees and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.