This Foundational Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Practices [CAN] online training course explores the value of developing diversity, equity, and inclusion competencies within your organization.
You will begin this course by defining diversity, equity, inclusion, and related concepts that impact human connections within the workplace. You will also learn about models and frameworks that influence how you relate to your co-workers and recognize what behaviors need to be reinforced and what behaviors need to change for your organization to be successful in the marketplace.
Upon taking this course, you will recognize the value you can bring to your clients, customers, and co-workers by encouraging diversity and implementing equity in order to be more inclusive.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Foundational Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Practices [CAN] course, the user will learn:
- Explain important terms surrounding diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)
- Describe the need for DEI in Canadian workplaces
- Explain the various dimensions of diversity and how they shape attitudes and behaviors
- Apply tools and resources to practice allyship in the workplace
- Respond skillfully and with confidence when you witness discriminatory behavior
- Explain the value of developing diversity, equity, and inclusion competencies as an individual and an organization
This online Foundational Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Practices [CAN] course is made up of the following sections:
- The Need for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Dimensions of Diversity Shape Attitudes and Behaviours
- Tools and Resources to Practice Allyship
- Responding when you Witness Discriminatory Behaviour
- The Value of Developing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This Foundational Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Practices [CAN] online training course was designed for all Canadian employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
31 - 60 Minutes
Audio, Mobile, Accessible, Video