This Harassment Prevention Training for Supervisors [Chicago Illinois] online training course explores harassment prevention laws and standards, especially sexual harassment prevention, in Chicago, Illinois.
Harassment prevention laws in the US exist at a Federal, state, and in the case of Chicago, a municipal level as well. As an employer, it is important for you to educate yourself and your managerial team in the ins and outs of harassment prevention. This is not only important to keep you out of legal trouble, you also want to create a work culture that will encourage your employees and inspire confidence in them. Brand image is everything in the market.
You need to know practical strategies to prevent harassment and practical considerations of investigation and corrective action if harassment does occur. You need to know when you can be held liable and what kind of education and training your managerial staff needs to keep your organization harassment-free.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Harassment Prevention Training for Supervisors [Chicago Illinois] course, the user will learn:
- Why it is important to maintain a mutually respectful and harassment-free workplace
- The definition of sexual harassment according to the Chicago Human Rights Ordinance
- How sexual harassment manifests in the workplace, through examples and case studies
- Federal and State laws surrounding sexual harassment
- What is abusive conduct in the workplace
- The meaning of reasonable accommodation and retaliation in relation to illegal discrimination and harassment
- Strategies to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace
- The rights and responsibilities of employers and supervisors in addressing and preventing workplace sexual harassment
- What to do if the employer or an agent of the employer receives a complaint of inappropriate and/or unlawful behavior
- The remedies available to victims
This online Harassment Prevention Training for Supervisors [Chicago Illinois] course is made up of the following sections:
- Unlawful Harassment and Sexual Harassment
- Federal and State Laws and Regulations
- Chicago Human Rights Ordinance
- What Does Sexual Harassment Look Like?
- Abusive Conduct
- Reasonable Accommodation and Retaliation
- Employer and Manager Responsibilities
- Handling Complaints
- Reporting and Remediation: CCHR, IDHR, EEOC
- Case Studies
This Harassment Prevention Training for Supervisors [Chicago Illinois] online training course was designed for all supervisors, managerial-level employees, and employers in Chicago, Illinois.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
Over 60 Minutes
Mobile, Video, Accessible, Audio