In this Hazard Communication online training course, we will describe the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS), how to effectively apply it at your work and how to protect yourself from those hazards. The HCS specifies what information chemical suppliers and employers must provide, as well as the training employers, must provide to their workers. If you work with or around chemicals, you need to know what the chemicals are, what hazards are associated with them, and how to protect yourself from those hazards.
The HCS is aligned with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS), providing a common and coherent approach to classifying chemicals and communicating hazard information on labels and safety data sheets.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Hazard Communication course, the user will learn to:
- Define the responsibilities of the suppliers, employers, and employees under the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS).
- Recognize the HCS pictograms and the associated hazard(s).
- List the information required on the supplier and workplace labels and on Safety Data Sheets.
- Outline the procedures for dealing with safe use, storage, transfer, and spills of hazardous materials.
This online Hazard Communication course is made up of the following sections:
- Responsibilities under the Hazard Communication Standard
- Hazard Classification
- Supplier and Workplace Labels
- Safety Data Sheets
- Safe Use, Storage, and Transfer
- Spill and Leak Procedures
This Hazard Communication online training course was designed for Workers who work with or could be exposed to hazardous chemicals in the workplace.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.