This How to Respond to an Active Shooter online training course is designed for employees, managers, and employers. Unfortunately, today active shooter situations are a common reality. This course offers the planning and preparation that will help an organization reduce the likelihood of such a situation and mitigate the harm if an incident does occur. This course will advise employees and managers on how to respond to an active shooter or other workplace violence situations; outline the components of an emergency action plan and appropriate training, and review the signs of potential workplace violence.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online How to Respond to an Active Shooter course, the user will learn to:
- List good practices for responding to an active shooter incident in the workplace
- Outline the contents of an effective emergency action plan (EAP)
- Identify signs of potential workplace violence
This online How to Respond to an Active Shooter course is made up of the following sections:
- When an Active Shooter is in Your Vicinity
- How to Prepare Your Organization
- Potential Workplace Violence
- Managing the Aftermath
- Contact the US Department of Homeland Security for information and assistance
This How to Respond to an Active Shooter online training course is designed for employees, managers and employers.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.