We have a brand-new course available that is designed to equip you with the information you need to have productive conversations and action plans about fighting racism and racial injustices. Our Let’s Talk About Racism eLearning course begins the conversation about systemic racism that plagues our systems and institutions and is a starting point for any real conversations about race.
George Floyd, an unarmed black man, died while a police officer kneeled on his neck for almost nine minutes. That cruel death ignited outrage around the world and unleashed nationwide protests demanding racial justice. Such an uprising hasn’t been seen in decades. It has thrust racism into the spotlight for the world to acknowledge and reckon with.
How do we begin disrupting the racism that runs deep? We listen, we learn, and we act.
On completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain terms related to racism and racial discrimination
- Compare individual and systemic racism
- Describe the effects of systemic racism on North American society
- Outline the steps that you, as an individual, can take to combat racism
- Review the measures that businesses can implement to identify biases and support racialized employees
- Describe the role that governments can play in disrupting racism and empowering racialized communities
Why not start a conversation yourself or share this course with a sibling, friend, co-worker, or your employer? Talk about how systemic racism is real and how we all need to be fighting to end it.
Click the link below to find out more and Let’s Talk About Racism today.