This Let's Talk About Racism online training course explores racism in today's society, racial discrimination, systemic racism, and how individuals, businesses and government can take actions to end racism.
When George Floyd, an unarmed black man, died after a police officer kneeled on his neck for almost nine minutes, outrage was ignited around the world demanding racial justice. It has thrust “racism” into the spotlight for the world to acknowledge and reckon with.
How do we begin disrupting the racism that runs deep in this continent? We listen, we learn, and we act. This online Let's Talk About Racism training course begins the conversation about systemic racism that plagues our systems and institutions. Start a conversation yourself or share this course with a sibling, a friend, a co-worker, or your employer. Talk about how systemic racism is real and how we all need to be fighting to end it.
This course will help you have educated conversations about racism and equip you with the information and actions to fight racial injustice.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Let's Talk About Racism course, the user will learn:
- Explain terms related to racism and racial discrimination.
- Compare individual and systemic racism.
- Describe the effects of systemic racism on North American society.
- Outline the steps that you, as an individual, can take to combat racism.
- Review the measures that businesses can implement to identify biases and support racialized employees.
- Describe the role that governments can play in disrupting racism and empowering racialized communities.
This online Let's Talk About Racism course is made up of the following sections:
- Understanding Racism
- Comparing Individual and Systemic Racism
- What Can You Do?
- What Can Organizations and Employers Do?
- What Can Governments Do?
This Let's Talk About Racism online training course was designed for everyone.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
31 - 60 Minutes
Video, Mobile, Accessible, Audio