This Manual Material Handling and Back Injuries online training course explores how the back works and describes different injuries of the back and how to prevent them.
Manual material handling (MMH) involves the moving of material by hand through lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, shoveling, or any combination of these actions. More than half of back injuries in the workplace are caused by manual material handling. Learn about the causes and prevention of MMH injuries.
On completion of this online Manual Material Handling and Back Injuries course, the user will learn:
- Describe the back and how it works
- Identify Musculoskeletal Injuries (MSIs) of the back
- Summarize measures for prevention of back injuries
This online Manual Material Handling and Back Injuries course is made up of the following sections:
- Hazards of Manual Material Handling
- Musculoskeletal Injuries (MSIs) of the Back
- Prevention of Back Injuries
This Manual Material Handling and Back Injuries online training course was designed for workers, supervisors and managers.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.