Most of our lives are a combination of work, family, and community involvement. A pandemic can affect all of these areas. Being informed and knowing what to do in the event of a pandemic can help minimize the impact. This Pandemic Awareness online training course describes what a pandemic is, how an influenza virus spreads, and the impact a pandemic may have on workplaces, our communities, and us.
This course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Pandemic Awareness course, the user will learn to:
- Know the main characteristics of a pandemic
- Understand how viruses spread
- Understand the impact of a pandemic on your workplace, home and community
- Know ways to help stay healthy and reduce the spread of viruses
- Know how to be prepared at home and in your community
- Be able to find reliable information during a pandemic
This online Pandemic Awareness course is made up of the following sections:
- What is a pandemic?
- How viruses spread
- Being prepared
- What might happen
- What can we do?
- Staying healthy
- How to stop the spread of the virus
This Pandemic Awareness online training course was designed for all employees, including supervisors and managers, and anyone wanting to learn more about a pandemic.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.