This Project Management online training course explores the fundamentals of project management.
In the first module, we will introduce the project management life cycle and show where a project begins and ends. In the second module, we will introduce and define project management terminology and present the boundaries and basic responsibilities of all individuals involved in the project management process. In the third module, we will provide guidelines to establish a meaningful and attainable mission statement and project objectives, manage stakeholders' expectations and conduct a project feasibility assessment for determining whether the project should be undertaken and how much it will cost. In the last module, we will provide information that will help you identify and manage project risks.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Project Management course, the user will learn:
- Describe the phases of the project life cycle and explain project processes.
- Design an organizational structure conducive to managing your projects.
- Define projects and project management.
- Identify the key management skills needed for project management.
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of the project manager.
- Write a mission statement for a program or project.
- Specify measurable goals and objectives for the project.
- Identify stakeholders and their impact on the project.
- Recognize how expectations and commitments can affect the project.
- Conduct a feasibility study.
- Identify risks associated with a project.
- Communicate identified risks to your organization.
- Assess risk and mitigate the impact of risk.
- Create a formal risk management plan.
This online Project Management course is made up of the following sections:
- Project Management: Getting Ready
- Project Management: The Basics
- Project Management: Goals and Stakeholders
- Project Risk Management
This Project Management online training course was designed for project managers and employees involved in the project management process.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.