This Regulation DD: Truth in Savings – In-Depth online training course is designed for compliance employees involved in the creation and review of account disclosures and provides details on all of the Regulation DD requirements. The primary purpose of Regulation DD (Truth-in-Savings Act) is to give consumers enough information to make an informed decision about deposit accounts they want to open at the bank via standardized disclosures.
Regulation DD which implements The Truth in Savings Act seeks to increase uniformity in the disclosures banks provide customers opening new accounts, subsequent disclosures, and notices for time accounts. It also stipulates rules for account advertising and the required disclosures banks must provide consumers regarding overdrafts.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Regulation DD: Truth in Savings – In-Depth course, the user will learn:
- Know when disclosures and notices are to be given and what is to be included
- Review interest-paying policies at your bank to ensure they are in compliance with Regulation DD.
- Ensure your bank's existing advertising and advertising policies adhere to Regulation DD's advertising provisions
This online Regulation DD: Truth in Savings – In-Depth course is made up of the following sections:
- General Disclosures Requirements
- Delivery of Initial Account Disclosures
- Initial Disclosure Content
- Change in Terms/Subsequent Disclosures
- Periodic Statement Disclosures
- Payment of Interest
- Record Retention
This Regulation DD: Truth in Savings – In-Depth online training course was designed for compliance employees involved in the creation and review of account disclosures.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.