This Regulation E & Z — Prepaid Accounts online training course explores the prepaid account rules for both Regulation E and Z.
In April 2019, the CFPB finalized rules under Regulation E and Z regarding prepaid accounts and hybrid prepaid accounts. The final rule modified general Regulation E requirements to create tailored provisions governing disclosures, limited liability and error resolution, periodic statements, and adds new requirements regarding the posting of account agreements. The final rule also modified Regulation Z in relation to overdraft credit features that may be offered in conjunction with prepaid accounts.
While most of the detailed requirements found in Regulation E and Z are handled by the “issuer” of the prepaid accounts, “sellers” of the accounts, most community banks, need to have a general understanding of the rules and ensure they provide the appropriate and accurate disclosures. This course provides details on the prepaid account rules for both Regulation E and Z.
Course Learning Objectives
On completion of this Regulation E & Z — Prepaid Accounts course, the user will learn:
- Determine what types of accounts are prepaid accounts
- Provide the appropriate disclosures to the consumer
- Ensure the consumer has access to their account information
- Answer any questions a consumer may have about their liability on unauthorized transactions
- Know the restrictions on prepaid accounts that are tied to a separate credit feature
This online Regulation E & Z — Prepaid Accounts course is made up of the following sections:
- Pre-Acquisition Disclosures under Regulation E
- Account Agreement
- Periodic Statements & Access to Account Information under Regulation E
- Regulation E Modified Limitations on Liability and Error Resolution
- Regulation Z Requirements for Hybrid Prepaid Credit Cards
This Regulation E & Z — Prepaid Accounts online training course was designed for frontline employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.