Selling by phone is an art, but those who are successful will tell you that it is also a skill that can be developed, honed, and mastered. It is also part of science in that communication occurs when certain elements are satisfied.
This Sales: Telephone Skills online training course identifies the specific selling techniques and strategies that salespeople need to be effective over the phone. This course provides suggestions for relieving the anxiety of picking up the phone, checklists to make sure you are prepared for that all important conversation, and techniques for polishing your over-the-phone approach
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Sales: Telephone Skills course, the user will learn to:
- Discuss what a sales professional should know before making a call.
- Recall specific techniques and strategies for selling over the phone.
- List the advantages and disadvantages of selling over the phone.
- Use an effective opening statement to capture a listener's attention.
- Recall the types of questions to ask to involve a prospective buyer into a conversation.
- Recognize the importance of creating a positive image with your words during a phone conversation.
- Discuss ways to address, answer and overcome objections during a sales call.
- Recall how to overcome the fear of rejection.
This online Sales: Telephone Skills course is made up of the following sections:
- Strategy 1 – Prepare to Make the Call
- Strategy 2 – Move from Preparing to Doing
- Strategy 3 – Close the Sale
This Sales: Telephone Skills online training course was designed for Sales professionals.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.