This Telepro-Communicating Through Accents online training course outlines techniques to communicate effectively when speaking with someone whose first language is not English. “Communicating through Accents” addresses the skill of listening through accents and speech that is difficult to understand in order to maximize communication effectiveness. This course provides strategies for developing good listening habits. This is an invaluable skill in our modern multicultural business environment and is a skill that can be developed through practice and effort.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Telepro-Communicating Through Accents training course, the user will learn:
- Recall guidelines to maximize communication effectiveness.
- Discuss the areas that help determine whether you have a bias.
- Recognize the importance of taking steps to overcome biases.
- Recall strategies for developing good listening habits.
- Know how to adjust your vocabulary to communicate clearly and respectfully.
This online Telepro-Communicating Through Accents course is made up of the following sections:
- Follow the Guidelines
- Know Your Biases
- Be Courteous
- Develop Good Listening Habits
- Adjust Your Vocabulary
- Speak Clearly
This Telepro-Communicating Through Accents online training course was designed for any employees who interact with internal or external customers on the telephone.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.