This Understanding Financial Statements online training course is designed for all employees. It introduces information about the fundamentals of reading and understanding financial statements. It shows how various work activities can and do affect the financial health of an organization, and introduces concepts, examples, and knowledge that non-financially oriented decision-makers should know.
Finance basics for non-financial managers. Financial statements provide valuable information that guide business decisions. It is therefore essential that business decision-makers have a good understanding of financial statements and their role in guiding decisions.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Understanding Financial Statements course, the user will learn to:
- Understand the primary sources of capital
- Recognize the contents and uses of three important financial reports: balance sheets, income statements (also known as profit and loss statements) and cash flow statements
- Explore how key ratios are used to track financial resources and guide decisions that maximize profits and company success, including profitability, liquidity, and long-term solvency ratios
- Explain the use of cost-benefit analysis as a forecasting tool Understand key financial and accounting terminology
This online Understanding Financial Statements course is made up of the following sections:
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement
- Cash Flow Statement
- Financial Ratios
- Key Financial and Accounting Terminology
This Understanding Financial Statements online training course is designed for non financial managers.
If you have any concern as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.