The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) has aligned with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling Chemicals (GHS). GHS is a worldwide system with a common set of rules for classifying hazardous products, common rules for labels, and a standard format for safety data sheets (SDSs). As of December 1, 2018, there must be WHMIS 2015 labels and safety data sheets for all hazardous products in the workplace.
This WHMIS 2015 for Workers online training course familiarizes you with WHMIS 2015 and how it will be used in workplaces. Learning about WHMIS 2015 is part of the knowledge that you need to protect yourself and your co-workers from hazardous products.
The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) in partnership with Health Canada.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online WHMIS 2015 for Workers course, the user will learn to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities that suppliers, employers and workers have in WHMIS
- Understand the difference between the two main label types used in WHMIS
- Identify the hazards represented by each hazard class
- Find additional information about hazards and protective measures on SDSs.
This online WHMIS 2015 for Workers course is made up of the following sections:
- Overview of WHMIS
- Overview of hazard groups and classes
- Physical hazards
- Health hazards
- Labels including required label elements
- Safety data sheets (SDSs)
This WHMIS 2015 for Workers online training course was designed for workers in organizations of all sizes, in industries and occupations where hazardous products are found.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.